Custom Design & Engineering of a Lamination Press for a Medical Device Manufacturer
Custom Automated Medical Device Machine Design
Medical Device Machine Design & Manufacturing
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Intec Automation, Inc. has extensive experience engineering and building custom presses for specialized assembly, thermoforming, and lamination applications. We work in partnership with our customers to develop original designs that meet unique product and production requirements. Our team is highly knowledgeable and capable of executing designs that meet the regulatory standards of many industries, both domestic and worldwide.
We engineered and built the press shown here for a medical company in Germany. They had developed a new surgical device that required a specialized lamination process. This press incorporates sophisticated temperature controls and a variety of menu driven process screens to facilitate operation. Fully enclosed, we incorporated linear transducers and locking cylinders for variable platen open and close positions. An automated shuttle enables safe and ergonomic product loading and unloading, while precision stainless steel tooling with a six post-three platen die-set design meets sanitary and throughput requirements. Its flexible design also enables production of several product variants.
This machine demonstrates our ability to apply advanced automation techniques to a specialized process while working within the constraints of a highly regulated industry. For more information on how our unique skills can help streamline production of your next new product, contact us today.
Highlights of the Design and Manufacture of a Custom Lamination Press
|Machine Description and Highlights:
||Intec designs and builds a variety of custom presses for a number of customers who have special assembly, thermoforming, and lamination applications.
These presses were designed and built for a medical company in Germany whom we helped develop the lamination process for a new surgical device. This press incorporates:
- Sophisticated temperature controls;
- A variety of menu driven process screens;
- Linear transducers and locking cylinders for variable platen open and close positions;
- A product shuttle in and out assembly for safe and ergonomic loading and unloading;
- Precision stainless steel tooling with a six post-three platen die-set design.
- Clean Sheet Design and Build;
- Mechanical Engineering and Machine Design;
- Electrical and controls engineering, panel building, PC and PLC programming;
- Program management and technical buying;
- In-house fabrication, assembly, test and debug;
- Factory acceptance testing, training and installation assistance.
|Industry for Use:
||Medical Device Manufacturer and various others.
back to top