Cannulas are small tubes that are primarily used to deliver or extract fluid. They are used in many different industries, with a high percentage being used in the medical field. Medical cannulas are critical to daily operations performed in hospitals, clinics, and research. They are typically disposable, and their high-use nature means that fabrication occurs in large production runs.
There are many different varieties of cannulas, including standardized hypodermic cannulas, and a wide variety of custom cannulas that support an equally broad range of medical and research applications with demanding tolerance requirements. As such, cannulas can vary widely in:
Benefits of Cannula Automation Systems
Automating the cannula manufacturing process provides many benefits, including:
- Increased Productivity Levels (Cycle Time/Parts Per Minute)
- Higher Quality
- Production Repeatability
- Maximized Employee Safety
- Real-Time Monitoring
- Reduced Manufacturing Costs
- Short ROI (An Average of 1 Year)
- Guaranteed Cleanroom Compliance
Intec’s Cannula Needle Crimp & Bend Machine
Intec’s Cannula Needle Crimp and Bend Machine gives medical manufacturers the capacity for high-volume cannula production in accordance with a wide variety of customer requirements. Some highlights of the Needle Crimp and Bend Machine include:
- Performance of a variety of assembly and finishing operations, such as needle crimping and sheath installation.
- A high level of available customization.
- The ability to accept multiple part numbers that differ from one another (with interchangeable dies and crimpers).
- A robust cycle time that comes from the capacity to run multiple parts simultaneously.
- Programmable crimping angles.
- Varying needle gauges.
- Multiple bend angles.
- Multiple inspections performed to ensure highest possible quality.
- An intuitive and easy-to-use operator touch screen (HMI).
- A compact design.
- Cleanroom compliance.
- Ease of access to each station.
Here at Intec, we work closely with our customers to ensure they get the best machine for their operation. Our capabilities include:
- Clean-Sheet Design and Build
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Controls Engineering
- Machine Design
- Panel Building
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Programming
- Management of Programs and Technical Buying
- The Capability to Fabricate, Assemble, Test, and Debug In-House
- Customer Training and Support
We use a variety of feed elements to further enhance production capabilities, such as:
- Robotic Pick and Place
- Coin Slot Escapements
- Vibratory Bowls
In addition, our machines perform a number of needle assembly and finishing operations, including:
Throughout our processes, we also ensure that there are visual inspection and quality control points along the way to guarantee the final quality of the end product.
Why Choose Intec?
We are a world class, custom machine partner. For over 20 years, we have provided customized automation for a wide variety of clients. Our automated processes make mass production more cost-effective for our customers. Moreover, we are a one-stop shop with capabilities for design, fabrication, assembly, programming, testing, debugging, installation, and customer support.
While our primary focus is in the production of medical equipment, we build machines for a wide range of industries. We enjoy long-term relationships with our clients. In fact, over 90% of our business comes from satisfied repeat customers. We offer clean-sheet design and full customization according to the client’s specific needs, and we can automate upstream or downstream.
If you’d like to discuss how Intec Automation can assist you in cannula manufacturing, or to hear about our other customized manufacturing solutions, reach out to us today for more information.