These load and unload modules were specifically designed for a medical customer that needed a stable transport system to add value to their products between multiple standalone automation cells, but are a great addition to any automation cell. The load and unload modules are a two-part design consisting of a docking station and mobile carts. The operators have the ability to move the mobile carts to either the load or unload position of the automation cell. Once the value-added process had been performed by the automation cell, the carts are undocked and re-docked into the next automation cell for continued processing. These systems benefit the manufacturer by reducing the operator handling of the product, increasing the queue quantities, and are an excellent choice for post operations such as: extended curing, post stabilization, and/or post temperature processing (cryo-freezing or super heating), which may be an extended timeframe between completion and additional processing. The standard system would consist of (2) docking stations on either end of the automation cell and a minimum of (2) mobile carts, although multiple carts are recommended for quick change over and increased flexibility.
These load and unload modules are quickly becoming a standard product line at Intec as it becomes more and more beneficial for manufacturers to have multiple automation cells to add value to complete their final product.
Contact us today to discuss how our expertise can help advance your production goals.
- Machine Description and Highlights
- Increased Machine Walkaway Times.
- Universal Carts for Both Load and Unload Modules.
- Shorter Machine Changeover Time, Which Increases Machine Uptime.
- The Ability to Connect Multiple Automation Cells.
- Reduced Operator Handling of Product Between Operations.
- Extended Product Storage (Specifically Curing).
- Mobile Platform for Post Processing (N2 Degassing, Cryo-Freezing, Super Heating, Etc.)
- Capabilities Applied
- Clean Sheet Design and Build.
- Mechanical Engineering and Machine Design.
- Electrical and Controls Engineering, Panel Building, and PLC Programming.
- Program Management and Technical Buying.
- In-House Fabrication, Assembly, Test and Debug.
- Factory Acceptance Testing, Training, and Installation Assistance.
- Industry for Use