Intec Automation, Inc. specializes in engineering and building innovative, custom automation systems that enable our customers to meet their production objectives. Capable of engineering simple, straight forward and robust solutions that combine mechanical elements with process requirements. Our needle crimp and bend machines showcase one of our many standard and proven design platforms.
These self-contained systems automatically feed standard sheathed needles into a dual rotary motion platform and perform the required finishing operations of stripping and disposing of the stock sheathing, bending and crimping the needles to a variety of specified configurations, automatically feeding and installing a new sheathing over the finished assembly, inspecting, and offloading the finished product. Vibratory feeding systems and robotic pick-and-place elements feed the components, while our proprietary Rotary Transfer motion platform delivers smooth, high speed product movement throughout the process. An electrical enclosure with a PLC and all of the required electrical components distributes power and controls mechanical function.
In addition to engineering the design and control systems, we built and wired the electrical cabinets and fabricated the machine components in-house. Having direct oversight of the project enabled us to complete the project in just 20 weeks. Successful factory acceptance testing, installation, and training took place and now the customer is achieving their ROI, sales, and production goals.
This machine is quickly becoming a standard product line at Intec as it becomes more and more popular in this high demand and growing industry.
Contact us today to discuss how our expertise can help advance your production goals.
- Machine Description and Highlights
- Uses Intec’s famous “Rotary Transfer” motion platform
- Uses a variety of feeding elements like bowls, coin slot escapements, and robotic pick and place
- Performs a variety of assembly and finishing operations like sheath removal, needle crimping, needle bending, sheath installation, and a number of inspections along the way
- Capabilities Applied
- Clean Sheet Design and Build
- Mechanical Engineering and Machine Design
- Electrical and controls engineering, panel building, and PLC programming
- Program management and technical buying
- In-house fabrication, assembly, test and debug
- Factory acceptance testing, training and installation assistance
- Industry for Use
Medical Device Manufacturing
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- Delivery Location